Home >> News and Events
DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE EDUCATION PROGRAM 2011-2012
There is a growing need for building the capacity of NGOs and other stakeholders in the development sector and that, the existing supply of such programmes is far shorter than what is demanded. With this demand in view, Tata- Dhan Academy has designed a one-year program aimed at exposing executives to development, management and leadership areas. The Development Executive Education Program (DEEP) is committed to grooming executives into high-calibre dedicated development leaders with appropriate motivation, values, and ethics to create and manage strong and vibrant teams and organize development processes and people institutions to create significant impacts on the lives of the poor.
The DEEP’s curriculum has four segments: the preparatory segment, the classroom segment, the field work segment and the development practice segment. It has a total of 36 credits.
- The Preparatory Segment includes induction and orientation to the DEEP and triggers learning skill. Introduction to case method of teaching, quantitative analysis, written and oral communication, and computer applications is given in this segment.
- The Class Room Segment helps in building knowledge, Creative and analytical skills and perspectives on development. It helps participants to conceptualize their field experiences and internalize the development concept and institution building process.
- The Fieldwork Segment broadens the perspectives on field realities, shapes beliefs and value systems, and helps in theorizing from field practice. It also gives scope for fact finding and practicing research skill.
- The Development Practice Segment builds leadership and people focused skills through action- reflection- conceptualization- action process. It also inculcates managerial skills and gives a chance to practice other development models and approaches.
Apart from the regular classes a series of seminars and workshops, class based visits, labs and exposure visits will be organized in relation to various disciplines to enable specialization for the executives.
The basic criteria to apply for DEEP are:
a) Bachelors Degree or equivalent in any discipline with minimum 50% marks.
b) Minimum age: 27 years at the start of the programme
c) Upper age limit: 35 years
d) Passed in DMAT exam (Conducted by Tata-Dhan Academy)
e) More than 2 years work experience in the development organization.
f) High learning motivation to enhance development action.
g) Preference to those working in NGOs at the grassroots level (with poor communities).
Candidates should have good DMAT scores, a good academic record, clarity on why they want to undertake DEEP in TDA, leadership potential, and substantial work experience that shows some evidence of a supervisory or managerial role (over three-five years). The admission process is same for everyone. Those who have secured above cut off marks are to undergo group discussion and personal interview for final selection. Upon completing the programme, the graduating executives are awarded a Post Graduate Diploma in Development Management.
The programme fee is Rs. 1.25 lakhs. DEEP Executives need to be sponsored by their sponsoring organisations (or) Education loan will be facilitated by the Academy for the individuals.
How to Apply
You can apply using any of the following three methods:
1. Request an application form by sending a Demand Draft for Rs. 500/- in favour of “Tata-Dhan Academy” payable at Madurai. The fee includes application cum brochure cost and registration fee.
T. Malaipatti, Thenkarai PO, Mullipallam SO, Sholavandan (Via), Vadipatti Taluk,
Madurai 625 207, Tamil Nadu, India
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Download the application form in PDF format and send the filled-in application.
3. Apply online using the online application form
Development Management Admission Test (DMAT)
Candidates will be short listed on the basis of written test DMAT (Development Management Admission Test) to be held at select centers in India. The DMAT is objective and assesses:
- proficiency in English
- quantitative ability
- analytical reasoning
Performance in all the three areas will be taken into account in short listing the candidates for further selection process that includes group discussion and personal interview.
DMAT exam will be Online. As soon as
Application comes, exam date and time will be
informed to the applicant by email. Following
this, applicant can take Online exam anywhere
in the country.
Results will be informed through e mail (one day after
NOTE: Based on the few Organizations request, application submission & DMAT exam date is further extended. Kindly make use of it.